Social Entrepreneurship - Inspiring Creativity & Innovation - Mindset of the Global CEO - Global Coaching Industry - Ideas, Words and Thought Provoking Materials - Branding and Social Paradigm Shifts - Discover Your Lifelessordinary

14 Jul 2010

Same Same but Different


Post the fun and adventure that I experienced just last week on the BHF London to Paris off road bike ride [ED give it a rest, but well done and huge thanks to all of the wonderful people who helped raise over £1000 and counting] I've found myself feeling a little tired of the tread mill and in need of a new challenge. That or more likely that I'm well overdue a break and a good job that France is just around the corner!
What strikes me is that its time to change the record of same, same but different message that I see and experience in organisations that actually are SAME SAME and NOT DIFFERENT.

I'm looking for ideas and organisations that are looking at the world from a different perspective and that are treating customers, employees and wider stakeholders as important as shareholders.





I found this great blog entry from
Bill Taylor on Youngme Moon who has recently released her first book DIFFERENT, I've added it to my list of must purchase in the next few days. But what strikes me about Youngme Moon and NO it's not simply her vcool name (how unique is that), but more her candour about having to find her voice as an academic, to start to trust her intuition and to go with what it meant for her to be authentic......before this time she was part of the me too crowd of Harvard, too afraid to stand out and yet as she explains in her website as she started to speak her truth over time she was identified as someone who stood out SAME SAME but DIFFERENT........the challenge for individuals, organisations and communities is to find their voice, take their space and be courageous to stand out and speak their authentic truth.

What was it I was saying about feeling tired......suddenly I'm starting to feel refreshed and alive again.....good job that I am off to an entrepreneurs conference for 3 days to harness this new found energy.

Have fun!

D

0 comments:

Post a Comment